Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Super I

Today started as just another day of learning. There was morning work. There was announcements. There was attendance. There were directions for Communications ... when the room started filling with fourth graders ... soon three classes of fourth graders fill our room.

Ms. Prose started sharing her concerns about some "puny i" when

Da-Da-DA-DAH! Who "flies" through the door?! 
Super I arrives



Super I is a super hero. She took charge immediately, even standing on table to explain her super powers ... our parents carefully selected our names ... they are very special. So only a special pronoun can represent each of us ... I ... in the beginning of the sentence, the middle of the sentence, or in some odd example that may not exist, at the end of a sentence, the pronoun I needs to be capitalized.

"puny i" - Super I's nemesis, rival, foe, arch enemy (synonyms appear to be part of Super I's personality ... as well as posing with her muscles ... and loudness ... ) is trying to take over fourth grade writing ... but it is up to all of us, to STEP UP, and eradicate (end, finish, stop ...) puny i's work ...


So we started by creating our own SUPER I emblem ... 



Then we went outside to pose in our best Super I stance ... (pictures to be loaded soon ... )

From this point on, students are expected to capitalize "I" whenever they write.  

No comments:

Post a Comment