Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Gifts

One of the greatest gifts, is the reality that I "GET TO" teach every day. It is a career that inspired me when I was a fourth grader, and even nineteen years into my career, I appreciate the opportunity to teach. The BEST part of my job is the time spent IN the classroom, working with students. The politics, paperwork, meetings, and constant change does not impact those magical moments when I have the opportunities to learn and build on all the individual potential. MY KIDS matter.

Today, I shared some holiday gifts with my kids. The reading teacher in me had over 100 books for them to choose from, a pencil, an eraser, and a peppermint candy cane were all offered.


Thank you for sharing your fourth graders. The gifts they individually bring to class is far greater than anything "thing" I can give. I appreciate their talents, interests, stories, and experiences that are not measured on any test. When I count my blessings this season, the students in my class and their families are near the top of my list. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment