Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Spreading Sunshine

When I was planning for my Monday, and the cloudy skies, rain and sleet were apparent realities, I was feeling the blahs. One of the advantages of being a teacher, is I have the ability to make my own sunshine. Literally.

I purchased the necessary supplies. I did some research and organized some links on Edmodo. I put on my bright yellow dress, and I arrived ready to spread some sunshine.

Fourth grade students read about the history of May Day this morning. As a child, I lived in a neighborhood filled with children and families. Every year on May Day, we filled Dixie cups with candy, wrote messages, and delivered them to the door steps. We rang the bell, then RAN for our lives. If the children who lived in that house caught up, they got to give us a kiss. I was one of the younger kids, and I never got a kiss. I used to think it was because I was so fast ... I was probably just a part of a great group of people who were teaching me the magic of spreading sunshine. It isn't a day or a tradition that continues in Milaca, but the spirit of sharing and brightening someone's day appealed to me on this gloomy morning.




















It may be cold and rainy outside, with snow on the ground, but inside our classroom, we are spreading sunshine. As you can see from the bright smiles on our faces, giving sunshine to other people, leaves behind a warm glow. Random Acts of one smile at a time ...




















LOVE these smiles!! With this many smiley faces, who needs actual sunshine and blue skies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment