Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Test Prep

"T minus 36 hours 30 minutes to MCA Reading Test". It is a BIG deal.

We spend the entire year preparing for THIS moment. We read. We study. We align. We plan. We prepare. We teach. We develop practice opportunities. We assess practice opportunities. We plan to reteach. To reassess. We get to know EACH student. Their interests. Their strengths. Their areas they need to develop. Their dislikes. We add this knowledge into the plan. We evaluate. We re-evaluate. We meet with our colleagues ... What are you doing? What is working? Suggestions for this need? Ideas for that skill? The standards change. The tests change. The students change. It is a never ending process.

So what does a teacher do at "T minus 36 hours 30 minutes"? We evaluate ... what can we DO in the time we have ... what will we do differently ... who do I need to "catch" for that "last minute opportunity" ... ?

It is also time to "pump up" the team up. This is what my projects look like tonight ...


First, I have several lessons planned for tomorrow. We will watch a video to learn about the new Reading test that will be on the computer for the first time. The video will show us how to take it.

We will review the test taking skills. I need to have a "teacher copy" of notes (for students who are absent or need a personal copy for their learning needs). I need a "student copy" for students to fill in and make their own.
teacher copy of notes
Then I need a little "pump up" and sensory reminder of what I KNOW for each student. These will be on student desks when they arrive on Thursday morning. (Yep, that included a run to the store.)
ROCK On!
Meanwhile, I need to figure out how to "register" ... and I need to organize individual student numbers so they can input their personal number to participate in the test.

After I accomplish those details, I have a pile of learning from today to assess, comment, and update on School-View.

I have the newsletter finished for Friday, and the lesson plans written out for next week.

T-minus 36 hours and 16 minutes ... ready or not Test Prep is underway and too important to leave for the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment