Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pride

This morning, I was waking up by checking Facebook, scrolling through the different statuses to see what might pop up, and I happened to see a posting from the college of my bachelor's degree ... it was an upcoming performance of a Shakespeare play, and they were advertising tickets. I was ready to scroll on, when two words caught my eye, a name. A name of one of MY alumni students! MY students from Milaca, back in the 200-2001 school year, this young gentleman was a student in MY classroom. I sat straight up, and started scrolling through the other pictures related to this post, I wanted to be sure ... and then there he was! The grown up, fourteen year later image of MY guy!!
(Side note: elementary students forever are branded in my brain as their elementary self ... when they grow up ... I do not always recognize them ... they grow facial hair ... color their hair ... cut off the hair ... lose their hair ... grow taller ... and after eighteen years, my mind does not always recognize the physical features, but each one - the inner person, the one that testing and data doesn't fully appreciate, the important self -  holds a forever piece in my heart ... and I am always cheering for their success, championing for their dreams, and proud.)

I LOVE this job! I love watching MY kids dream, grow up, and achieve. I have athletes, musicians, artists, parents, teachers, nurses, state champions, business owners, workers, and so many more amazing, wonderful dreams that are walking around living each day!

When I look into the eyes of this year's class, I can't help but seeing so much amazing potential! It is theirs for the taking, and I want them all to have the opportunities to make it happen!!

It is going to be another GREAT day, just doing what we do, and watching dreams begin, one magical moment at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment