Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Super I

Super I flew into the classroom today. She worried about her arch nemesis, puny i. puni i is trying to take over the world and infiltrate Milaca Elementary ...
 She talked to the fourth graders, looking for some side kicks to help her ... eradicate puny i.

 puny i is serious business. When we write with the pronoun I, it needs to be capitalized all the time.
 Our first step was to make our own Capital I emblems
 Super I showed us that when we write the pronoun I, it doesn't matter if it is in the beginning, end, or even middle of a sentence, "I" needs to be capitalized. The only time it is lower case, is when "i" is part of a word.
 Then, Super I's Army marched out to the playground to take a group picture.
Super I showed up again for the next set of classes. Mr. Meyer, our assistant principal, happened to be in the hallway, so Super I invited him in to hear about the concern of puny i.




two more of Super I's sidekicks - Mrs. Arens & Mr. Lyon - STOP puny i
When we returned to our room, we practiced some writing, using capital I.


Fourth graders committed to writing capital I today, and Super I couldn't be more relieved! She is off to another school and her efforts to eradicate puny i!

No comments:

Post a Comment