Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Radon

Recently, an area news station ran headlines about "Radon Testing in Schools". The mom, teacher, and community member was carefully reading and rereading the headlines. I was all in alarm ... exceptt in the back of my mind, I wasn't worried at all. Because in mid-December until the end of March, there was this little black "button" about three inches (?) across that sat on my file cabinets and was testing for radon in my school, a long term test. I kept running across this item, and I had this desire to throw it out. If it isn't related to students, learning, or a "purposeful project", I am trying to limit my pack rat capabilities. I don't personally know the results, but I am certain that my school is making an effort to be proactive and aware.

More information about radon can be found through the Minnesota Department of Health or the US EPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment