Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Statement:

Ms. Leom's Classroom Community Motto:
YOU Belong.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Sign-ing Up

There are SO MANY reasons I love teaching at Milaca Schools!! One is my alumni. My alumni are students who were once in my elementary classroom and have moved on in their learning to do amazing and incredible adventures!

Last week, one of my alumni returned and asked if he could share his sign language learning with my students. I was so excited, I am not sure if I remembered my manners and let him finish his sentence before enthusastically answering, "Yes! Please!" My actual words are likely lost, because when I am excited, the words don't always come out coherent. Some how I manage to get my point across.

So on Monday morning, I invited Mr. Greninger's class and Ms. V's students to join our classroom - I can't keep a good thing to myself - to listen to my (insert my PROUD voice and body language) alumni read to my current students in sign language. He had a "little" help from his younger brother to read the book out loud, while he shared the story in sign language.




Amazing stories are happening ... just signing up for another learning opportunity!!

So PROUD of my alum who was really good at reading in sign (I have some experience), our class reader, and all of our listeners! What a perfect way to start a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment